Home Forums Forum Recommendations for Solo Play

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    b_lyon83
    Participant

Question: Solo rules guide? I tried to do it as a single player vs monster and out of the 6 times played, only escaped once. Those snake bites are bad news without more characters to find heals in the deck with you. The monster ‘Cyraeth’ has a skill where if she rolled a 6 she insta-wins and that got me three times.

Seems like you need to play with all the pawns in play or at least 4 to have the best chance for survival.

Answer: For solo play, I recommend playing with a small team (3 pawns is a sweet spot).

RUN is a cooperative game, which leveraged the ‘Discovery Deck’ to add more than just a roll and move type. If you are only playing with a single pawn, then the cards drawn and character abilities are heavily muted.

There are some variants discovered early on to make a true solo game adaptable. These optional rules of using modified dice for movement rolls, or drawing extra discovery deck cards.

For a simple game, it works very well solo to simply add more pawns to your team.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.